Smithereens Press aims to produce small chapbooks of new poetry. All submissions should follow the guidelines below and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All styles, schools or modes of poetry are welcome. There are no restrictions and we endeavour to produce both traditional and experimental poetry, if such things exist, and everything in between.
- Chapbooks should be approximately 30 pages in length. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis to account for different styles and forms of poetry.
- Submissions should demonstrate a poetic coherency, sharing themes and styles, for example, and should not simply be a gathering of a number of unrelated poems.
- Chapbooks should be emailed as an attachment in .doc or .docx format. Any other format will be deleted unopened.
- There is no standard format to be used for these chapbooks but all submissions should be ready-to-print.
- Poets should include a short biography and a medium-sized photograph in the body of the email.
- All previous publication of poems included in the poet's submission should be clearly acknowledged in the body of the email. This will not in any way affect your submission, but simply aims to give credit where it is due.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions, but we will endeavour to give you a response as soon as possible.
- The press' decision is final, we will not enter into correspondence of any kind, but we do welcome any supplementary comments to accompany the original submission.
- Acceptance of any submission is provisional and may be subject to revision of the original submission. In this case the revision will be nothing more than the product of the normal editor-poet relationship.
- Smithereens Press is an online publisher which does not charge any fee to access its online publications. Consequently, no fee will be paid to the poet for these publications.
- Smithereens Press modestly asks that it is acknowledged in any of the poet's future publications which include poems previously published in a Smithereens Press Chapbook.
For any further clarification or queries please feel free to contact us at email@example.com